Bhâgavan S'rî Sathya Sai Baba sayings:
|Those who struggle to uphold truth are the real devotees of God. The essence of the Vedas lies in establishing this truth. Truth is the basis for all other human values such as love, peace, righteousness and nonviolence.|
|Love does not descend from somewhere above. Love emerges from the hearts of people. It is also the undercurrent in all human beings. Love is verily the source of all virtues and all virtues merge in love. In fact, God permeates all beings in the form of love. Live a life suffused with love|
|Sathya Sai Baba.|
Those who struggle to uphold truth are the real devotees of God. The essence of the Vedas lies in establishing this truth. Truth is the basis for all other human values such as love, peace, righteousness and nonviolence. Love does not descend from somewhere above. Love emerges from the hearts of people. It is also the undercurrent in all human beings. Love is verily the source of all virtues and all virtues merge in love. In fact, God permeates all beings in the form of love. Live a life suffused with love - Sathya Sai Baba.
- Be aware that all things belong to God. So no one can claim anything as one's own. But people claim everything, declaring, "it is mine". Indeed, nothing belongs to anyone. People are immersed in the false and foolish concept of ownership; possessiveness is rampant in every thought and action, and that leads to the inflation of the ego. Egoism has to be utterly eradicated. Possessiveness should be banished. You came with empty hands, and you go back with empty hands. - Baba
- The progress of the universe is interlinked with the progress of man. Any amount of development in scientific, economic and social spheres will not be of much use without mental transformation. How can we bring about this transformation? It is by keeping in check one's passions and emotions. Since mental tension is most detrimental to man's health, man should learn the art of controlling his passions and emotions, which cause stress and strain. Man should make an earnest endeavour to lead a serene and pure life. He should realise the truth that troubles and turmoil are temporary, like passing clouds. There is no scope for agitations to arise if one realises this truth. One who realises this truth will not allow his mind to be swayed by the passions of anger, cruelty, etc. - Baba
- When Jesus was born three wise men followed a star to reach his place of birth. Seeing the new-born babe they bowed to the divine child in their hearts. One sage told Mary: "He loves God." The second sage said: "God loves him." The third man said: "He is God." What is the inner significance of these three pronouncements about Jesus? The first statement implies that Jesus is a messenger of God. A messenger may love his master, but the master may not so easily love his messenger. The second statement implies that he is the son of God, for a father loves his son most dearly. The third statement proclaims the unity of the Father and Son. It means that as the Son of God he is entitled to ascend to his Father's place. - Baba
- Man is equipped with a return-ticket when he takes birth. Holding it in his grasp, he earns and spends, rises and falls, sings and dances, weeps and wails, forgetting the end of the journey. But, though he forgets, the wagon of life moves towards the cemetery, which is its terminus. It brings no glory to man if he is tied helplessly to the wheel of birth and death. His glory and greatness consist in disentangling himself from that revolving wheel. - Baba
Sayings by unknown:
- Look back and thank God. Look forward and trust God. Look around and serve God. Look within and find God!
- I asked God: 'How do I get the best out of life?' God said: 'Face your past without regrets. Handle your present with confidence. And prepare for the future without fear!'
- Without God, our week is: Mournday, Tearsday, Wasteday, Thirstday, Fightday, Shatterday and Sinday. So, allow Him to be with us every day!
- 'Life is short, so forgive quickly. Believe firmly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably. Never regret anything that makes you happy. And have a wonderful journey!'
- Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind.
- You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
- Love ..... and you shall be loved.
- God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
- All people smile in the same language.
- Everyone needs to be loved.....especially when they do not deserve it.
- The real measure of a man's wealth is what he has invested in eternity.
- Laughter is God's sunshine.
- Everyone has beauty but not everyone sees it.
- It's important for parents to live the same things they teach.
- Thank God for what you have, trust God for what you need.
- If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.
- Man looks at outward appearance but the Lord looks within.
- The choice you make today will usually affect tomorrow.
- Take time to laugh, for it is the music of the soul.
- Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
- Love is strengthened by working through conflicts together.
- Harsh words break no bones but they do break hearts.
- To get out of a difficulty, one usually must go through it.
- We take for granted the things that we should be giving thanks for.
- Love is the only thing that can be divided without being diminished.
- Happiness is enhanced by others but does not depend upon others.
- For every minute you are angry with someone, you lose 60 seconds of happiness that you can never get back.
- Do what you can, for whom you can, with what you have, and where you are.
- See also: The basic confession of filognosy - typically filognostic sayings.
- See also: Sri Yukteshvar in Dutch.
p.s.: The painting on this page is titled: "Victory of the Buddha" and is by Abanindra Nâth Tagore. Source: 'Myths of the Hindus and Buddhists', Ballantine Press, Oct. 1913.
Page views for this page since February 21, 2010: 225